First let me apologize for the lack of posts lately. While I was tied up with work in September, I was hoping October would give me a breather.
Not quite so as I was still busy with work as well as baking chocolate desserts for my niece’s birthday, going on a hike, getting a cold, preparing a Malaysian lunch at home with friends and still dealing with a lingering cough. And the month is not over yet as there are more birthdays to come!
Last weekend, still with the stubborn cough, I was craving for soup and since I had pumpkin, leeks and potatoes in the kitchen – I couldn’t be happier making this warm and comforting soup. It’s also very easy!
The recipe below is adopted from Dal Dolce al Salato (Serves 2)
Easy Pumpkin, Potato and Leek Soup
200 gr potatoes
200 gr pumpkin
One leek (white part only)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Fresh rosemary (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Peel, deseed and cut pumpkin into cubes. Also peel and cut potatoes.
2. Half the leek length-wise and rinse them to remove dirt then slice them thinly.
3. Add pumpkin, potatoes, leeks and rosemary into a pot and fill it with water until it covers the vegetables.
4. Bring it to a boil and reduce it to a low-flame. Add salt, cover and let it continue to cook for another 40 minutes or until the pumpkin and potatoes are tender.
5. Using a hand-blender or food processor, puree the soup. Please be careful with this step!
6. Cook the puree for another 5 minutes if you prefer a thicker consistency.
7. Drizzle olive oil and serve with croutons.
While I know some of you may be tempted to put cream or milk, you’ll be surprised how good it is without – resist and try out this pumpkin soup recipe which is also perfect for vegans!
You may also like these: